Definitions and Notification of Changes
UMI & Co may change these terms at any time by posting changes online. Please review these terms regularly to ensure you are aware of any changes made by UMI & Co. Your continued use of UMI & Co.com after changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
1. You must be 18 years of age or older or you will not be able to enter into a legally binding contract to buy or sell via UMI & Co.
1.3. These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the law of England and Wales.
2. You must not use UMI & Co for any illegal or unauthorized purpose and you agree to comply with all ‘local’ laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content such as libel law and must comply with all local jurisdiction.
3. You must not breach any laws, sell any counterfeit items or otherwise infringe the copyright, trade mark or other rights of third parties.
4. You must not threaten, intimidate, harass or otherwise abuse any other UMI & Co user.
5. You are responsible for maintaining that the content you submit is your own and is not owned by others.
6. You are solely responsible for your behaviour and conduct on UMI & Co.com including use of all content and data including images [graphics and photos], audio and video clips, links and text [such as conversations] that you post to the UMI & Co.com website.
7. You must not modify or adapt or ‘hack’ UMI & Co.com or seek to create another website or communication to users that implies it is associated to UMI & Co.com
8. You must not produce unwanted communications [spam] to other users of UMI & Co.
9. You are responsible for keeping your password secure.
10. You must not transmit or seek to transmit any viruses or worms or any code that seeks to alter the behaviour of the UMI & Co site or that is in any way destructive.
11. Under no circumstances will UMI & Co Ltd. be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such losses where foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; © loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of UMI & Co regardless of the form of action.
12. You must not list prohibited items – for a list of such items please refer to prohibited items list UMI & Co reserves the right to change this list at any time and without notice.
Content and Copyright
13. You [“the user”] in using UMI & Co allow UMI & Co the right to re-use, edit, modify, re-purpose and re-publish the content. “You” retain rights over copyright of all such content yet provide a license for UMI & Co to use this content both on and offline in perpetuity (see also point 27.).
14. You must not post, list or upload false, inaccurate, misleading or defamatory content (including personal information).
15. You must not copy, modify, or distribute UMI & Co’s copyrighted works or trade marks, or other content from the Site, without our express consent.
18. Your content must be your own original work which you have the right to make available and is not defamatory, does not infringe any law and indemnify UMI & Co against all legal fees, damages and other expenses that may be incurred by UMI & Co as a result of your breach of the above warranty.
Sales and Returns
19. You must pay for items purchased by you, unless the seller has made a clear typographical error or you cannot authenticate the seller’s identity. You and you alone are liable for paying the seller if you commit to buy an item. Please refer to the Sales and Returns policy.
20. You must able to form a legally binding contract of sale to be a member of UMI & Co. This restricts membership to those of 18 years of age or over unless you have the explicit permission of your parent or guardian who must supervise [and be ultimately responsible for] the account.
Data and Privacy
UMI & Co is registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioners Office. We aim to follow and encourage best practice with use of personal data.
21. You must not collect information about users, including email addresses, without their express consent.
22. You must not hold multiple accounts in order to sell the same goods as this constitutes ‘spam’ and unfair manipulation of the UMI & Co service.
Changes to the Service
24. UMI & Co retains the right to terminate or change the service for any reason at any time without notice.
27. You agree to pay the fees set out in our Fees Policy.
If you break the above terms then your account will be suspended and possibly terminated. UMI & Co seeks to promote legal activity and well behaved conduct on its site however, you understand and agree in using the site that UMI & Co is a ‘place’ and is not responsible for the content posted on the site and that you may be exposed to content and behaviour that contravenes the above Terms and as such you use the UMI & Co service at your own risk.